I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, September 3, 2007

A Pack a Day

Ok, so Ben Henry of The Baseball Card Blog is like, "Hey wouldn't it be neat to have a blog where someone opens up a pack a day and blogs it for all to see?" So Ben e-mails Chris Harris of Stale Gum and asks if he wants in and Chris is all "Hells yeah! Sign me up!" So they create a brand new blog, A Pack A Day and start opening packs.

So I get up this morning in a foul mood because I got outbid on every single Allen & Ginter card I was trying to get on eBay last night (all by snipers in the last 5 seconds, grrrrr) so I grab some breakfast and I open my iGoogle page. Lo and behold, before me is an invitation from Ben to join said pack opening club. I think about it for a moment. I think about the 7 unfinished drafts sitting in my own blog's queue. I think about the money I don't have going to buy packs I don't need. I think about how I have maybe 7.3 nanoseconds of actual free time per day. I think "Awwwww YEAHH!!! Let's open some packs Baby!!!" and immediately sign up.

So go check it out, like, right now. Besides as the resident inveterate card addict this is perfect for me. Next time my family traps me in a room with a certified licensed professional for a cardboard intervention, I can say, hey man, I don't have a problem. "But you just spent the car payment on Wal-Mart Box Blasters." they say. "The basement looks like Hurricane Felix just nailed Mr. Mint's warehouse!" they say. "The baby's first words were 'goddammit not another A-Rod mirror' for Christs's sake! Of course you have a problem!". Now, I can look them dead in the eye and truthfully say:

I don't have a problem. I can quit any time I want to. Hell, I'm already down to A Pack A Day.

No comments: