I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Trading Mania - Swapping With AlbeqwirkE

I said I'd showcase my trades, and I'm gonna do it. I sent reader AlbuqwirkE a package including some Marlins, a few 1975 Topps cards and the very last card he needed for his 2007 Allen & Ginter set. Here's the bounty I got in return:

Three of the four A&G cards I needed for my own set, including Cy Peavy,

A couple of stickers featuring Mighty Murph and the Laughing Brave,

Two 1991 Cracker Jack mini cards of Dave Justice and Ron Gant,

It just occurred to me that the fronts of these cards are identical to the base '91 Topps set. Here's the backs for true oddbally goodness:


A couple of minor league team logo cards including one of the now defunct Macon Braves,

And the jewel of the trade, a 1978 Topps card autographed by Jerry Royster.

Very freaking sweet! Only one card to go for my A&G set and I never expected an autograph. Jerry is going to be managing in Korea this year, so autograph opportunities are going to be pretty slim for the foreseeable future. Thanks Kris! I'm glad I could help complete your set, A&G is a very satisfying set to finish indeed.

1 comment:

Andrew Harner said...

It's nice to see that someone still appreciates the old oddball stuff.