I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, August 9, 2009

2009 Allen & Ginter Box Break: Packs 19-21


This was my night: Woke up at 2:00am with terrible heartburn, watched a Good Eats about tamales, watched 15 minutes of some History Channel garbage about sex in ancient Egypt, flipped channels for another 5 minutes, tried to go back to sleep, got up again, starting messing around on the computer, checked out Tribe Cards' awesome box break, tooled around Reddit for a while, found a .gif of a MurderTurtle, ate a bowl of cereal, played This Is The Only Level (14:13:05, 75 deaths), looked at the clock, muttered an obscenity because it was 4:00am, clicked around some more on my news feeds (wooooo Braves!) and finally got tired of surfing and started writing this post.

Pack 19:
222 Akinori Iwamura

79 Electron -1 points
Ok, I know everyone hates this card, but I think it's fscking awesome. If I would have pulled a card like this out of a pack of 1983 Topps when I was a kid I would have just raptured on up to heaven in bliss. I was am a nerdy child. The atom shown on the card appears to be Lithium, which is a hella good song by Nirvana.

277 Kerry Wood (also upside down and backwards like those cards in the last pack)

344 Chris Young SP +5 points
AGR-TL Tim Lincecum jersey +40 points

214 Adam Dunn A&G back +2 points
NP35 Man Ram NP

Pack 20:
193 Khalil Greene

18 Clyde Parris +2 points
232 Evereth Cabrera RC

53 Clayton Kershaw (backwards) +2 points
208 Michael Young (backwards)

AGHHS20 Cap'n Cheesurger sketch +3 points
145 Sheep Shearer mini
NP32 Rich Harden NP
Code Card Ad

Pack 21:
175 Alfonso Soriano
283 Mike Aviles

250 Shady Grady Sizemore +2 points
202 Conor Jackson

104 Upside Down Frenchy +1 point

341 Edgar Gonzalez SP +5 points

113 Rafael Furcal mini A&G +2 points

NP33 Hanley Ramirez NP +4 points

I'm not even adding up my point total anymore because I'd need to pull a Chipper jones Rip card with a Chipper autograph mini inside hand delivered by Chipper himself to catch Beardy at this point. The Lincecum jersey is a nice pickup though. I have never seen A&G cards turned around backwards in a pack before and now I've got four straight packs like that. Weird. I'm starting to wonder why other's people's favorite player is worth two points, but a player from your own favorite team is worth only one. Of course I practically stole a point there with the Francoeur card. Both short prints ended up being doubles with the ones I got in my blaster. I'm doing another blaster break this upcoming week so watch out for that.

Ok, it's 5:30 AM now and I'm starting to get sleepy. I'll scan the twelve money cards once I wake up Saturday night and then post the whole shebang on Sunday. Not like you care, because this is still in my draft folder and you can't even read it, but I thought I'd share.

1 comment:

JD's Daddy said...

any chance you would be willing to trade for that Lincecum jersey? Fits right into my phenom pitcher collection. Let me know!

Mike