I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Card Show Top 20 - #20 Reds' Heavy Artillery

Ok you guys want scans from the card show? You're gonna get 'em. I'm going to count down the top 20 cards I picked up from the show. There shall also be frequent intermissions to show off the also-rans. I'm not entirely sure if these are the best 20 cards I got or just the ones I thought I could build a post around. Probably a little of both, but the top 10 are pretty dang solid if you ask me. You'll get #20 right now and like it.


1961 Topps #25 Reds' Heavy Artillery

I hate 1961 Topps with a passion but when I saw this I couldn't pass it up. Vada Pinson, Gus Bell and Hall of Everything Frank Robinson all on one card all touching each other's bats. Be careful you guys! There's about a thousand home runs in those bats! DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS! This card with the spiffy sleeveless jerseys and odd bat ritual only set me back 50 cents due to the ink stain at the bottom. If you can believe it there was a second copy of this card that cost more because the ink stain on that one was smaller. Pretty sure PSA is gonna call an ink stain an ink stain folks. There are no different levels of ink stains.

To further infuriate you impatient people, here's the complete list of top 20 pickups from the show with their future post title. See if you can figure any of them out. They should all be posted by April. Muahaha!

#20 Reds' Heavy Artillery
#19 Blue MadDog
#18 Lil' Jimmy
#17 Real Fake '52
#16 First Topps
#15 Bogus Boog
#14 V103 Tree
#13 Sertoma Rico
#12 '55 Finishers
#11 Hey Shiny
#10 What the Dickens
#9 '60 Spahnnie
#8 Lonely '53
#7 Super Chief
#6 Original Frank
#5 Hoops Inspiration
#4 Rocket Robin
#3 Wizard Off Kilter
#2 Shenanigans Were Called
#1 The Holy Grail of Commons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't I ever find deals like that? FIFTY CENTS? Wow.

night owl said...

As someone who is within 500 miles of New York City but is not jaded at card shows (don't lump us Upstaters in with the snooty-snoot big city folk), I am already bracing for something that should be MINE, DAMMIT, MINE.

Nathan said...

I can't look at a picture like this without thinking about Seth Rogan's joke in Funny Poeple, where he had a fantasy that sometimes Will Smith, David Beckham and Tom Cruise sometimes stand in a triangle and smush the tips of their penis' together. And when Beckham and Cruise do it nothing really happens but when Will Smith puts his penis in wind starts swirling around the room and their hair starts blowing back...

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Holy Grail of Commons... 1984 Fleer Glenn Hubbard?

You probably have one already, but Lord knows you need more.