I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bowman Beaters - Chicago White Sox

I got five minutes to type this one out. Here's some beat up old White Sox cards.


Minnie Minoso! Should be in the Hall of Fame. Probably will eventually get in once it's too late for him to appear at the induction ceremony. I've been over all that before so I'll skip the bitterness today. The condition of this card is terrible, massive paper loss on the back and front. But who cares? It's Minnie! I have no idea what Minnie is doing with that bat.



Chico Carrasquel, the original Venezuelan shortstop. Pee-Wee Reese blocked Chico in Brooklyn so the White Sox got his All-Starry abilities. This card also has a lot of paper loss on the front. These were two players I had to snag for a quarter regardless of condition. Chico and Minnie for four bits? Gotta take that.

3 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

I don't blame you one bit. Fantastic deal!

Hackenbush said...

Looks like Minnie's ready to try some sort of a drag bunt- well sort of.

Slangon said...

It looks like he's bunting with his back to the pitcher. Show-off.