I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Thursday, May 3, 2012

January Vintage Show Top 20 - #13 Cheapest High Number I Could Find

Yeah, I know it's May. I have no idea when the next card show will be in Atlanta so I need to stretch this out as long as possible. As much as I want to hop in the car and drive to the next White Plains show, gas is expensive. So here's a card.


For the next 28 card shows I attend I vow to buy at least one 1953 Topps card I need. I'm not going to lie, a few of those cards might be from the World On Wheels set but I'll do my best to finish up the baseball set. Well, I'll do my best to finish up the commons and a few of the stars. Jackie? Heh. Mantle? HeheheHah. Mays short print? HeeeeheheHEEhahah. Sam Calderone? NAILED IT.


This was the most expensive card I bought at the show, running $14.50. Sam played for the Giants for a season in 1950 before serving in the military in 1951 and 1952. He was back with the Giants in '53 and scored a rookie card in the '53 high set. Sammy played with Milwaukee in 1954 after being involved in a trade for Johnny Antonelli. His '54 Topps card was the first one I ever got for the 1954 scarce 51-75 series. The guy has two Topps cards ever and both are short printed. Thanks to the Archives sets, Calderone cards are plentiful now. This wasn't the only '53 card I scammed at the show, you'll get to see the other one before the Mayans doom us all, I promise.

Here's the complete list of Top 20 posts. See if you can guess what cards are coming up!

#20 - Wantlist Fail Part 1
#19 - Dollar Box Gem
#18 - At Least He's a Hall of Famer Now
#17 - Thurman Inaction
#16 - Cocktail Hour
#15 - Kid Stuff
#14 - Clubbed Cub
#13 - Cheapest High Number I Could Find
#12 - '59, Dude!
#11 - Look at the Whistler
#10 - Heartbreaking Taunt
#9 - '54 Ford With a Beat Up Chassis
#8 - King of the Bums
#7 - Joy of a Completed Page
#6 - HOW THE HELL IS THIS NOT IN THE TOP FIVE?!?!
#5 - Oh, because this one is...
#4 - Awwww, come ON.
#3 - Admit It, You Knew This Was Coming
#2 - Wantlist Fail Part 2
#1 - Feat of Clay

No comments: