I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

January Vintage Show Top 20 - #4 Awwww, come ON.

You all know I'm rather fond of the 1972 Topps set. This might be the best card in the whole shebang.


I don't need to write nothin' about this card. A picture says a thousand words. This one's at least 2500. I don't know where the heck the ump that made that call is right now, but I'm booing him. Booooo! How can you make a call like that?! Wherever Clemente thought that pitch was, that's where it was. You suck, ump.


The card itself looks like it was run over by an office chair, but who the hell cares. It's Clemente with one of the best card photos of all time. The back of this card makes me wonder about the other obsessed team/player collectors out there. Do collectors of Tom Seaver and Tony Oliva fell their collection is incomplete without the full color puzzles of their players from the '72 High series? If so I feel for 'em. '72 high numbers are a pain in the ass, I don't even wanna think about finding all those puzzle cards.

Here's the complete list of Top 20 posts. See if you can guess what cards are coming up!

#20 - Wantlist Fail Part 1
#19 - Dollar Box Gem
#18 - At Least He's a Hall of Famer Now
#17 - Thurman Inaction
#16 - Cocktail Hour
#15 - Kid Stuff
#14 - Clubbed Cub
#13 - Cheapest High Number I Could Find
#12 - '59, Dude!
#11 - Look at the Whistler
#10 - Heartbreaking Taunt
#9 - '54 Ford With a Beat Up Chassis
#8 - King of the Bums
#7 - Joy of a Completed Page
#6 - HOW THE HELL IS THIS NOT IN THE TOP FIVE?!?!
#5 - Oh, because this one is...
#4 - Awwww, come ON.
#3 - Admit It, You Knew This Was Coming
#2 - Wantlist Fail Part 2
#1 - Feat of Clay

1 comment:

Stealing Home said...

i just got this card yesterday. classic.