I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Birthday to me



Today's not actually my birthday, I was on my hiatus/vacation/Braves grieving period when that happened. But I did get a little cash on my birthday and I treated myself to a little somethin somethin. Nothing big just THE GREATEST CARD OF THE JUNK WAX ERA THAT LED US TO A NEW GOLDEN AGE OF HIGH END RIDICULOUSNESS that's all no biggie


Yeah, the Griffey. Upper Deck's Andy Pafko. The card people willingly rip $150 boxes of junk wax in hopes of finding. Only took me 24 years but I finally gots it yo. And like most of the rest of my collection it's a little flawed and therefore uncollectable by today's standards which is just how I like it.


I guess I could have spent what I paid for this on one-eighth of a mini box of Triple Threads...

Nah. Junior's just fine.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still don't have that one. Nice pick-up!

Captain Canuck said...

awesome. Just picked up mine about 6 months ago...

Duane said...

nice score... another one that is sitting on my list of wants....

P-town Tom said...

A little flawed? That's a beauty! Off-centering-schmoff-centering...

Someday I'll also add this one to my collection.

Happy belated b-day, dayf!

Fuji said...

One of my hobby goals is to one day pull this card from a pack myself. Great card.

Brad's Blog said...

Great card, it's a cornerstone on my shelf right now (right next to the Frank Thomas 1990 Leaf)