I have no idea how to create pages but I'll figure it out eventually godammit

Monday, February 3, 2014

2014 Topps


Had a rough weekend so I treated myself to a rack pack of Topps. Here is literally the only card I care about out of the entire pack.


I like the design even though the manila folder tab seems odd. The swooshes look nice. They put WAR on the back. Everything looks clean and elegant although the card number is a little small. It's a very nice set.

While opening the pack I felt nothing. Not excitement, not anger, not anticipation, not disappointment. Nothing.  I guess that's just how it is now.

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

bought a jumbo ... got Medlen and the Johnson/Freeman batting leader card. The rest was meh.

I like the design, except on the front they should've taken off the team name. The team logo is enough.
oh, and lose the damn foil on the player names

flywheels said...

I don't mind the foil for the name, but I hate that foil wave above the name.

I guess because it's been awhile since I've opened much of anything I was excited about 2014 Topps. Now that I've opened a bit the excitement is starting to dull. I don't love it. I don't hate it. Guess I'll just wait to see what Gypsy Queen looks like. Or perhaps I'll just turn my attention to the new Garbage Pail Kids!

klgoldman said...

The position placement on the back is odd, very odd. Looks like an afterthought.